Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to School!!

Well Cacey and I have officially survived our first week of classes and are now in week 2! I am loving my Nutrition class! I feel like I have finally found something that interests and excites me. I always look forward to going to class and actually enjoy the assigments we're given. I definitely feel like an over-achiever because I actually do the assignments when we receive them and read the book! I'm also taking Psychology which isn't quite as exciting, but not too bad overall. It has been so fun to take classes again and I can't wait to see where this leads me.
Cacey's classes are much harder than mine (not hard to imagine since he is a math ed grad student) :0). One of his prof's told the class that they would need to spend 8-10 hours each week on homework in order to do well. Needless to say Cacey is enjoying his classes, but a little worried about all the outside work.
This new stage has definitely been an adjustment for us. While it's been really fun and exciting, it's also caused us to take a closer look at how we're spending our time so that we can not only do well in our classes but also maintain relationships with friends, each other, and most importantly with Jesus!
Please be praying for us as we continue to learn how to live well in this place we're in. Keep us updated on your lives too!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you'll both be in a very busy but exciting season this semester. Lauren, I'm so glad you're liking your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys are in for a fun road. I remember how busy I was during grad school. I worked also. There were weeks I barely saw Marvin since my classes were at night and I worked during the day. Make sure you guys carve out time for each other, before your swamped with life and school.

    We are excited to see you at Susanne's and Scott's wedding. I hope you are going

    ReplyDelete